Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Is Fall Out Boy Over For Good?

FallOutBoyGreatestHits.jpg
After reports that Fall Out Boy was simply on hiatus, singer Patrick Stump and Pete Wentz both put out statements saying the band may be done for good.
Though Pete had been adamant about saying the band was just taking a break and wouldn't put out new music until they felt motivated and ready, things have changed. Pete posted this statement on his blog:
"I don't know the future of Fall Out Boy. It's embarrassing to say one thing and then have the future dictate another. As far as I know Fall Out Boy is on break. (No one wants to say the "h" word). As much as I don't have a solo project, I also can't predict that I'd ever play in Fall Out Boy again. Not due to personal relationships as much as a band we grew apart. In this statement I'd like to include there is the possibility that fob will play again with out me or I will be a part of it when everyone is on the same page. It is no one's fault and there is no animosity about the decision. I felt as fans you deserve to know. There is no singular reason for this. The side projects or bands are supported by all members of the band. I am the single biggest fan of fob and if this is our legacy than so be it. I am proud of it."
Patrick stressed the same fact, saying he is not a member of Fall Out Boy at this time. "Whether we play again or not, I don't know," he says. "If we do, it will be for the right reasons. If we don't, it will also be for the right reasons."
Patrick is currently working on a solo project, while Pete has been concentrating on his clothing line and record label, and he just collaborated with Blink 182's Mark Hoppus on a song for the Almost Alice soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! And trust me I read and reply each and every one of them!
Please don't use bad words and don't immitate another person/star. You can comment, suggest and/or request.
Thanks alot for commenting! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...